6th District Weekly Crime Summary – July 1, 2009
|Larceny-Fr Veh/Veh Part*||4||1||13||4||-||2|
• An aggravated assault occurred on Wednesday, 6/17 at 11:30 a.m. in the 1000 block of Hillside Lake Terrace in Gaithersburg. The victim and suspect are known to one another and the assault occurred when the suspect produced a handgun and threatened the victim. The male suspect was arrested at the scene.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 600 block of Suffield Drive in Gaithersburg on Wednesday, 6/17 between 6:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. Forced entry, property taken.
• An attempted residential burglary occurred in the 17700 block of King James Way in Gaithersburg on Friday, 6/19. The suspect attempted entry, saw victim inside, and walked away. The male suspect was arrested nearby.
• A theft from a vehicle occurred in the 300 block of West Side Drive in Gaithersburg overnight between Saturday, 6/20 and Sunday, 6/21. Suspects broke the window and removed an iPod and charger.
• A theft from a vehicle occurred in the 300 block of West Side Drive in Gaithersburg overnight between Saturday, 6/20 and Sunday, 6/21. Suspects broke the window and removed a cell phone.
• A robbery occurred in the 100 block of Booth Street in Gaithersburg on Tuesday, 6/16 at 5:47 p.m. The victim withdrew money from a bank in the presence of acquaintances. Later, the acquaintance/suspects turned on the victim, displayed a gun, and beat him, stealing the cash.
• An aggravated assault occurred in the 800 block of Quince Orchard Boulevard in Gaithersburg on Monday, 6/15. The suspects threw bottles into a vehicle in which the victims were sitting in an attempt to incite a fight. The suspects were found at the Giant at Quince Orchard Boulevard and Clopper Road and arrested after a foot pursuit.
• A commercial burglary occurred at Absolute Mac, 895 Quince Orchard Road in Gaithersburg on Thursday, 6/18 at 1:23 a.m. Forced entry, property removed.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 16000 block of Orchard Grove Boulevard in Gaithersburg on Tuesday, 6/16 between 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. No forced entry and nothing removed.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 700 block of Quince Orchard Boulevard in Gaithersburg on Sunday, 6/21. Suspect is an acquaintance. There were no signs of forced entry but property was removed.
• A robbery occurred in front of Kinko’s, 401 N. Frederick Avenue in Gaithersburg on Wednesday, 6/17 at 8:10 a.m. The victim was sitting in her vehicle when a suspect armed with a knife approached and demanded her purse. Suspect arrested nearby.
• A theft of vehicles occurred in the 8800 block of Blue Smoke Drive in Montgomery Village on Saturday, 6/20. Suspects removed two go-carts and a mini-bike from the property.
• A strong-arm robbery occurred at the BP station, 19304 Montgomery Village Avenue in Montgomery Village on Wednesday, 6/17 at 7:45 p.m. A victim was soliciting for donations, when suspect #1 ran up and stole his collection container. The victim gave chase and was assaulted and robbed of his wallet by 4 additional suspects at Clubhouse Road and Ridgeline Drive in Montgomery Village.
Suspect #1: B/M 15-19, 5’11”, 140 lbs., multi-colored hoodie, dark pants
Suspects #2-#5: all four were B/M’s, 18-22, 5’10”, varying weights
• A residential burglary occurred in the 8300 block of Frontwell Circle in Montgomery Village on Friday, 6/19 at 3:54 a.m. The victim awoke to find the suspect in his home. Suspect forced entry and removed property. Suspect fled when confronted by victim.
Suspect: B/M 16-17, 5’7”, 150 lbs., crew cut, oval face, black pullover, athletic shoes
• A residential burglary was reported in the 8700 block of Delcris Drive in Montgomery Village on Sunday, 6/21 at 5:26 p.m. Forced entry but nothing was taken.
• An aggravated assault occurred on N. Summit Drive in Gaithersburg on Thursday, 6/18 at 10:30 p.m. The suspect and victim are known to another. Suspect threatened victim with a knife. The suspect was stopped in area and arrested.
• A commercial burglary occurred at MAC Business Solutions Inc. located at 9057 Gaither Road in Rockville on Tuesday, 6/16 at approximately 2:40 a.m. Suspects forced entry and removed property.
• A residential burglary occurred in the 200 block of Lee Street in Gaithersburg on Friday, 6/19 between 6:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No forced entry but property was removed.
• A burglary of a storage unit occurred at 8001 Snouffer School Road in Gaithersburg overnight between Tuesday, 6/16 and Wednesday, 6/17. Suspects forced entry and removed property.
• A residential burglary occurred on Carriage Walk Court in Gaithersburg on Monday, 6/22 just before 7:00 a.m. The victim was inside her home when she encountered the suspect inside. He grabbed a laptop from a table and fled. No signs of forced entry.
Suspect: B/M, 5’4”
• A residential burglary occurred on Mountain Laurel Court in Gaithersburg on Monday, 6/22 at 7:00 p.m. This incident was domestic.
- Related Blogs on Crime
- Related Blogs on Montgomery County
- Montgomery County Electronic Recycling Events for 2009 …
- Related Blogs on montgomery county crime report
- Missouri – Troop F: Marijuana Arrest In Montgomery County | DUI …
- gaithersblog.net – Goings on in Gaithersburg, Maryland » District …
- Related Blogs on montgomery county police